Shiba Khan ,born and bought up in India with a dream to go in medical science. But her destiny took her to go for Fashion designing and Apparel Merchandising ,in which she pursuit her carrier with many renowned fashion designers in capital city of India ,Delhi. After doing job as a fashion designer for 3years, she decided to start her own brand "Dreams "in 1999.Her fashion house became one of the reputed fashion house and a big production company. As to settle down in Dubai ,she left her dreams back in India in 2008 and became full time mother of two kids.
Highly dedicated and hard working with passion to do something ,she discovered a carve of an artist in herself. Driven by her passion, Shiba painted relentlessly and believe in experimenting continuously with textures and colors. This pushed her to expand her horizons and tap into new areas of paintings she had not yet explored. Art comes to her from her mother and inspiration from renowned artists ...S.H.RAZA ,WASSILY KANDINSKY& HANS HOFMANN. She has crossed the border between their generations to her creating a world that is continuously evolving. Her work is a bold mix of styles and colors and each work tells a unique story. She brings a subtle and sophisticated feel to her paintings through special balance of color, composition and textures. , Experimenting different textures using variety of things in her approach ,she put expressions in her abstract style.
Her abstract painting where she use lines, forms, textures, mix media and colors , create artworks that sing with vibrancy and intrigue. Abstract art is a different way of looking at the world, where artist and viewer can connect and make connections.
She really follow the words of Hans Hoffmann
'THROUGH A PAINTING WE CAN SEE THE WHOLE WORLD'
She participated in many exhibitions in UAE and was part of an exhibition in Beirut, Lebonon.She is an active participant in art exhibitions and is also part of many charity projects. She is the manager of the Children Skill Development Center ,Sharjah.
Her dream is to bring the world on the canvas through her style and her expressionism.
Exhibitions & Events participated in:
• World Art Dubai 2016
• Art Market , Downtown Dubai
• Ahmedia Art Gallery, Dubai
• Cartoon Art Gallery, Dubai
• Women's Peak Performance Summit, Abu Dhabi,
• Zeeart's community
• Senses school for special needs, Dubai
• Pullman Hotel, Dubai
• UNESCO, BEIRUT
• "The Impact" Virgin mega store Yas Mall, Abu Dhabi
• "Against the tide"2016 ,Cartoon Art Gallery,W2W Events,Dubai
• 'Women's Forum art exhibition, Art Plus Gallery, Dubai
• Dubai Hotel Show'2016, World Trade Center, Dubai
• “Spirit of union” 2016 Art Plus Gallery, Dubai
• “UAE Martyrs’s Day and National Day, Art Hub, Abu Dhabi
• Artist Residency ,Liwa Art Hub, Abu Dhabi
• “Synchronicity”, group exhibition ,Dubai
• Part of many charitable events
• "Against the tides-self love" by w2w events 2017
• International Woman's Day, Arab Cultural Centre , Sharjah
• Live painting in "Hotel Show", Dubai
• Live Painting at “Star Sports complex”, Dubai
• Live painting at "Mangroves water festival, Umm-al-Quwain"
• International Woman's Day ,Arab Cultural Center, Sharjah
• World Art Dubai, 2017
• Index, 2017 Dubai
• Home without borders, The Ajala Project
• DXB to SOMALIA. The Ajala Project
• Scope of Art, Studio Seven, Dubai
Contact details: +971557560845/+97165438149
Face book : shibakhanartwork
Instagram : shibakhanartwork
Twitter : shibakhanart
“My paintings are a portrayal of my inner thoughts and feelings in response to my surroundings.
To me, art is a form of self-expression without boundaries. It helps me see things from different perspectives, taking me on path spontaneity and discovery. I express my feelings and emotions by employing bold colors and textures in my paintings to portray my love for life and the beauty and magnificence of the natural word”
Designing is my profession and painting is my passion.